We have put together a page of answers to frequently asked questions, including lots of links you can follow to get more information. If you do not find the answer to your query here, please contact us and we will get back to you as soon as possible.

Most stockfeeders supply kangaroo muesli, sometimes called Skippy Mix. Mealworms can be purchased from a number of suppliers, including:


City Barn Malaga

City Barn supplies mealworms, crickets and kangaroo chaff. For more information see:



Livefoods Unlimited

Livefoods supplies live crickets, wood cockroaches and giant mealworms, which can be delivered to you.




Bugs ‘n’ Things is a producer and wholesaler of mealworms, wood roaches, crickets, king mealworms and silkworms. Private buyers in WA can contact one of the stores listed in their “notes.”


Please see our Where to take sick and injured wildlife page for links to Wildlife Rehabilitation Centres in Perth Region.

For sick, injured or orphaned native wildlife call WILDCARE helpline on (08) 9474 9055.

Visit Native Animal Rescue’s ANIMAL EMRGENCIES page for information. Visit Kanyana’s WILDLIFE EMERGENCY page for information.


Download the ‘Baby Birds’ factsheet.

Visit Native Animal Rescue’s page titled INJURED BIRDS and check out their baby bird flyer.

It is against the law to keep most native species as pets.

Certain native species can be kept as pets however licences to keep are required. Please see the Department of Parks and Wildlife ‘Licences and Permits’ page for more information.

That’s ok – everyone’s done that before! Just go to “Sign in” and then click on “Forgotten your password” below.

Parasitic diseases that are currently known to be transmitted from humans and domestic pets to wildlife, including Toxoplasma, Giardia, Lernaea cyprinacea (anchor worm) and Echinococcus granulosus (hydatid tapeworm).

Species that are known to have parasitic disease transferred from people and pets. This includes bobtail lizards, quenda, possum, kangaroos, magpies, ducks, swans and native freshwater fish. Visit the species page.

We’re always interested – please contact the Healthy Wildlife email! We’ll try to respond as soon as we can.

The reporting information will be used by Murdoch University to inform research. Results may be supplied confidentially to government agencies investigating outbreaks of parasitic diseases.

The Healthy Wildlife campaign does not address this issue specifically. We recommend looking on your local council website or contacting them directly to find out ways you can deal with this problem. We do wish to remind everyone that it is illegal to harm any animal, whether domestic pet or wildlife. You could also research ways to make safer habitat for native animals, for example planting spikey plants that birds can nest in but that cats avoid.

You are lucky to have native animals in your backyard! Try to remember that native animals are only following their instincts and do not intentionally mean harm. Also remember that native animals are legally protected.

See the Department of Parks and Wildlife’s page Living with wildlife for more information.

Click on the “I forgot my password” option and follow the hints. You will receive an email allowing you to reset your password.

The reporting function is currently only available for use by wildlife rehabilitation centres and veterinarians to report wildlife with parasitic disease. Reports are sent to Murdoch University for research purposes and to some State Government agencies to use to investigate incidences of parasitic disease.  To request a login email healthywildlife@emrc.org.au